CHARGE Eligibility & Participation
You may be eligible to participate!
- Children with autism
- Children with developmental delay (DD) but not autism
- Children with typical or expected development
The first two groups will be identified with assistance from the California Department of Developmental Services (DDS) Regional Centers. Participating Regional Centers include: Alta, North Bay, Valley Mountain, and East Bay Regional Centers. The third group will come from the community at large.
Who is Eligible?
Between 24 and 60 months of age,
were born in California
have parents who speak either English or Spanish
live with at least one biological parent
What does participation include?
- One or two clinic visits to complete developmental assessments, medical exam and medical history, and biological sample collection
- A telephone interview (1.5-2 hours) to obtain information about your environment during your pregnancy and your child’s environment in early life.
- For your participation in the study, you will receive a report of the results from your child’s developmental assessments. In addition, you will receive compensation for your time and reimbursement of travel expenses to attend clinic visits.